Friday, January 23, 2009

Malaysian in London

I came across this blog...not a shopping blog or fashionista blog...a guy with a daughter, a son and a wife...living in London...part time studying and part time working and I think he loves gardening.

His entry was titles 'Malaysian Owned British Companies'. As Malaysian, of course I felt proud that our Malaysian or Malaysia's company owned a big share of British companies...

The list of companies from his blog as follows:

Group Lotus Plc
Automobile / Sports cars / Engineering - Owned by Proton Holdings Bhd

Star Energy
Energy / Petroleum - Owned by Petronas

Wessex Water
Water / Utilities - Owned by YTL Corp

Laura Ashley Holdings Plc
Retails - Owned by Malaysian United Industries (MUI) Group

Jimmy Choo Ltd
Retail / Shoes - Owned by Malaysian born, Jimmy Choo (50% share)

What surprise me the most is Laura Ashley owned by Malaysia company....but the price in Malaysia still high and not every product in UK were brought into Malaysia's market.

Uhhh...I'm glad that I'm still interested reading blogs not related to fashion and shopping. At least I have other blogs to spend my time reading rather than SHOPPING! (not that I don't want, just to lessen by expenditure).

2 comments:

Azida said...

hahaha, this entry is lain dari yang lain..

Norwanie said...

tu ler asyik fashion and shopping jer...tapi still browsed thru the fashion and shopping...:) cannot help