Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chicken & Mushroom Pie

Man loves the Chicken & Mushroom Pie from King Pie. Every time I went to KLCC he always asked for the pie. Not other food...only the pie but must buy more than one for him.

So, last two weeks he asked me "Kenape you tak cuba buat chicken pie? Cuba la...dah lama you tak masak". Actually it has been around 10 months I didn't cook any dishes on my own, always kacau-kacau or tolong-tolong only. Since I'm taking Herbalife, I don't feel like cooking. If I've cooked, I have to eat.
Thinking that he like me to try and make the chicken pie, so I've made it today for dinner by using this cook book that I've bought at Borders, The Curve last year at a discount price of RM23.90. The best thing of this cook book, every recipes came with it own picture not like some cook book 5 recipes but only one picture.

The Chicken & Mushroom Pie ready to be bake.


Freshly from the oven and ready to be eat.

The Results:

From 4 batches of flaky pastry, can made up to 14 nos of pie. So, 2 pies each. However, I only could eat 1 pie. The pastry make me full. Maybe because of the butter. Too much butter, but I've followed the recipe. Next time, I have to make some adjustment for the pastry.

Not only me feeling full with the pastry. My FIL also think that the pastry is too rich for him. I agreed 100%. Too rich, but the filling is perfect....

Ms. Dils and Ms. Azida, maybe we could have our cooking & lepaking thing and anyone who want to join us are welcome....

No comments: