Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes

Last weekend, we went to Legend Water Chalet with my parent on Thaipusam Day and went back to Seri Kembangan on Saturday. So, on Sunday I baked my usual cupcakes recipe for my aunt and some for my officemate.

Just to share a simple vanilla cupcake recipe.

Ingredients

100g butter
100g sugar
100g flour
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
chocolate chips (optional)

Method

Preheat oven to 140 degrees Celsius. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.

Combine butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed.

Add egg to the mixture one by one. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed for each egg added. Then add vanilla essence.

Sieve together flour and baking powder. Add 1 tablespoon of flour to the mixture at a time. Beat until the mixture are well mixed.

Fill liners 1/2 to 2/3 full of batter (I prefer to fill in using piping) and add chocolate chips (optional)

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool 5 minutes in pans then remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.

No comments: