Tuesday, April 1, 2008

American Idols Season 7 : David Cook

DAVID COOK. I've started to love him since the audition for the American Idols Season 7. I haven't got the chance to view the lived American Idol when David Cook sang Billie Jean since I'm holidaying in Bangkok.

Immediately after I arrived at Malaysia and picked up by Man at the airport, I asked him how's David Cook's performance for that week. Man told me that he sang Billie Jean (popular by Michael Jackson) in rock version a.k.a Chris Cornell's version. I started to wonder who is Chris Cornell? I knew Audioslave but I'm not familiar with the band singer.

Man also told me that Chris Cornell's fans were furious with David Cook because he didn't admit that he sang the Chris Cornell's version but still all three judges praise him highly. So, I'm quite down with the news because I knew David Cook was a great singer... even I can't sing myself.

So, yesterday I've saw the show downloaded by Lee (my brother-in-law) and Ryan Seacrest has announced clearly that David Cook will performed Chris Cornell's version of Billie Jean before he performed. For Chris Cornell's fans out there, you all don't have to be furious on the matter since it's all clear that David Cook acknowledged that it was Chris Cornell's version.

I've listened and compared between Chris Cornell and David Cook, I think I loved the David Cook's version more.... even Chris Cornell think that David Cook followed his arrangement down to the T, including the most subtle vocal nuances (Chris Cornell's comments). I think he did a great job singing that song than Chris Cornell. (not that I don't like the Audioslave...I liked their song especially Like A Stone)

6 comments:

phab babe said...

David Cook??? Oh tidak!!! No offense to you.hehe. Another Daughtry wannabe..dahle muke mcm manager aku...tak kuase..rase tension bile tgk david cook....hahahahahahha..but i have to say, despite my dislike, he is a brilliant singer...!
Aku centa Michael Johns..Go Mikey go!

diLs said...

yeah me too..MICHAEL JOHNS is the next american idol!!! gojes siut si aussie sorang ni :)

Azida said...

Wanie! Pandai ko suruh aku dengar David Cook's version of Billie Jean masa aku dalam keter ko ek!

Now I cannot help it but dah terjatuh cinta! Youtube version dah reach 1.9 million views.. banyak giler peminat dia!

Norwanie said...

It's okey Umie.... however, Michael Johns dah terkeluar... even he is a versatile singer. So...right now, Go DAVID COOK...yeahhhh.

Tak per Azida nanti aku compile semua lagu David Cook untuk ko.... :)

phab babe said...

despite my dislikeness to David Cook because everytime aku tgk die teringat manager aku yg horror,I think he is personally brilliant. i love his take on Mariah's song. Gile best... He could easily go platinum with that single..

Poor MJ..tp takpe..Daughtry pun camtu gak dulu..awal2 dah kuar.. tp bile kuar album..meletup2..

Norwanie said...

I LOVE it too....when he sang the Always Be My Baby. Even Michael Johns dah terkeluar, he has been spotted at several red carpet event...